Julia McMillan MD (Author), Carlton K. Lee PharmD MPH (Author), George K. Siberry MD MHP (Author), Karen Carroll MD (Author)
From the experts at Johns Hopkins University who bring you the bestselling Harriet Lane Handbook, the Harriet Lane Handbook of Pediatric Antimicrobial Therapy delivers quick, dependable answers to help you effectively treat a broad spectrum of pediatric infectious diseases. This highly regarded medical reference book is your pocket-sized source for all of the evidence-based recommendations you need to provide the best possible care to your young patients.
- Get all of the information you need to prescribe the correct drug and the appropriate dose through a detailed drug formulary, expanded from the popular Harriet Lane Handbook.
- Better manage persistent, hard-to-fight pediatric infections with a section on adverse effects and drug resistance.
- Make the best clinical decisions with up-to-date practice guidelines from the AAP, CDC, and other authoritative pediatric and infectious disease sources.
- Stay on top of the most effective treatments with leading-edge coverage of antiretroviral drugs for HIV and hepatitis; antimicrobial pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) information; the latest Vancomycin therapeutic drug-monitoring recommendations; antimicrobial desensitization; pediatric developmental effects of antimicrobials approved in adults but not children; and much more.
- Depend on the professional wisdom of an expert author team, combined with the front-line input of current pediatric infectious disease fellows.
- Access the fully searchable text online at Expert Consult.
- Paperback: 640 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 2 edition (July 22, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323112471
- ISBN-13: 978-0323112475
- ISBN-13: 9780323112475
- eText ISBN: 9788490227732
ISBN0323112471, 978-0323112475, 9780323112475, 9788490227732