afkebooks.com welcomes you as a valued customer. Because we want to make your shopping experience simple and as safe as possible, you are required to enter into a customer license with afkebooks.com which explains what we promise to observe and what we require you to observe while using our services, including browsing our site.
We may change the customer license from time to time. If we do, we will post the new version on our site and we will email you at the last email address you have given us. Although any change will take place immediately it is posted on our site, we welcome your comments on any such changes.
What we promise to do
- We promise to protect your privacy. Except if required by law, we promise not to divulge any information that you provide to us. We use the information we collect about you to process orders, including calculating the amount payable, and to otherwise communicate with you. We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to our licensees. We promise that these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- We promise to support your purchase. In the unlikely event that you require assistance with any eBook purchase, we promise to provide you with assistance.
- We promise to keep you informed of changes in products and services. We may add, delete or change some or all of our services at any time, including the manner in which those services are to be accessed. We will endeavour to keep you informed of these changes by publishing details on our website. While we will use our best endeavours, we do not guarantee that our service or products will be available at all times or in all locations.
What you promise to do
- By using our services, including browsing our site, you promise to observe these principles.
- You promise to respect copyright and otherwise observe the law. That is, you promise to not use the eBook that we have supplied other than on the terms (including this Customer License and our Terms of Website Use) upon which it was supplied to you.
- You may view this Website and its contents using a web browser. You may make copies of portions of this Website solely for your own personal use (information, research or study) provided that you do not modify the copy from how it appears on the Website and that you include the copyright notice “Copyright © 2021 afkebooks.com”, and any other copyright notice which appears with the material you are copying, on the copy that you make.
- Save for the foregoing, you promise not to reproduce, transmit, make available, adapt, modify, frame (by whatever means), link to, forward, create derivative works based upon, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, sublicense, or in any way commingle the Content with other third party content, do any other act of copyright, or otherwise use any of the material on the site without first obtaining the written permission of afkebooks.com, or unless specifically permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or similar copyright legislation.
- You promise to pay for our products and services. Joining afkebooks.com is free. You are required to pay all applicable taxes.
- You promise to provide us with accurate information.
- You promise to keep any eBook in the form in which it was supplied to you. We may include other information (including information identifying the author, the copyright owner, or the terms upon which the eBook is supplied) to any eBook supplied to you. You promise not to circumvent any measures that we have taken to protect the rights in the eBook that we have supplied, including removing this information or otherwise facilitating an infringement of copyright.
- You promise not to compromise the integrity of our software or systems. That is, you promise not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the afkebooks.com Website or any of the software that we supply to you for the purposes of providing you with an eBook.
- You promise not to take action of any kind against us in the event of our termination of this agreement, non-supply, or unfitness for purpose. That is, you release afkebooks.com, its servants and agents (“us”) from any liability if we terminate or suspend your entitlement to use our services. We will only do this if you fail to observe one of these principles. You release us from any liability if we fail to provide you with a service or a product within a reasonable period after you request it. You release us from any liability if the software that we provide to you is not suitable for your existing hardware or software. Some jurisdictions do not permit the disclaimer of implied warranties, in which case this disclaimer will not apply to you. You may have rights additional to this agreement and which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.