Bruce D. Clayton BS PharmD RPh (Author), Michelle Willihnganz (Author)
Basic Pharmacology for Nurses is a modern classic. Known for its impeccably accurate drug content and practical applications of the nursing process, this trusted text consistently emphasizes health promotion through monitoring and patient education. Introductory units ground your knowledge in the basic principles of pharmacology and medication administration, while subsequent body-system units prepare you to apply the nursing process to every major disorder.
- UNIQUE! Two-tiered application of the nursing process provides the general principles of care, along with specific nursing implications for each drug class or individual drug.
- Meticulously accurate and updated drug content keeps the book in step with the latest FDA approvals, withdrawals, and changes in therapeutic uses.
- UNIQUE! Introduction to Cardiovascular Disease and Metabolic Syndrome sets the stage for an understanding of the progression of cardiovascular disease and the pharmacologic treatment of that progression.
- UNIQUE! Patient Teaching boxes equip you for health teaching related to medications.
- LPN Threads design presents information in an easy to understand and visually engaging manner.
- NEW! Increased emphasis on medication safety prepares you for a clinical environment that is more focused than ever on reducing drug errors.
- NEW! Updated and added coverage keeps you up to date with the latest information on genetics, pharmacogenomics, and racial/gender factors in drug actions.
- Series: Basic Pharmacology for Nurses
- Paperback: 912 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 16 edition (December 10, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323086543
- ISBN-13: 978-0323086547
- ISBN-13: 9780323086547
- eText ISBN: 9780323100045