Hiroshi Maruta (Editor)
This book covers a variety of cutting-edge basic and clinical PAK research ranging from laboratory benches to hospital beds. The goal of this book is to inspire not only biomedical research scientists and university students, but also a variety of patients who suffer from PAK-dependent diseases and clinical doctors who try to cure or delay these PAK-dependent diseases.
This book consists of 9 chapters which deal with different aspects of this kinase. These chapters are written by more than two dozen world-leading PAK experts. Each of these will provide updated biomedical information as well as future insight to a wide range of readers who are interested in this unique kinase and both its pathological and physiological roles as well as its functional evolution from its ancestral origins.
- This publication will be the very first book ever published solely focused on PAK family kinases.
- Each chapter deals with the latest progress in PAK research written by a leading PAK expert with his or her own ideas and insight.
- Each chapter of this book has been written in such a way that clinical doctors who seek the effective cure of these formidable diseases, in addition to research scientists and biomedical students will value this book.
- This book describes in detail a number of PAK blockers which would be potentially useful for the therapy of these PAK-dependent diseases, and some of them are indeed available on the market inexpensively, without any side effect.
- Hardcover: 276 pages8
- Publisher: Elsevier; 1 edition (February 15, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0124071988
- ISBN-13: 978-0124071988
- ISBN-13: 9780124071988
- eText ISBN: 9780124072107