Category : Obstetrics & Gynecology
Diane J. Angelini EdD CNM FACNM FAAN (Editor), Donna LaFontaine MD FACOG (Editor)
This up-to-date handbook of narrative practice guidelines for use in obstetric triage and emergency settings provides speedy access to critical information needed by healthcare providers in obstetrics, midwifery, emergency medicine, and family care medicine. It includes narrative practice protocols that offer point of service management guidelines, diagnostic parameters, ultrasound imaging and other diagnostic modalities, and easy to follow algorithms and tables in each chapter.
This information will enable practitioners to easily recognize and understand symptomatology, lab results, diagnostic imaging and clinical workings. Chapters address over 30 clinical conditions and are consistently organized to include presenting symptomatology, history and data collection, physical exam findings, lab and imaging studies, differential diagnosis and clinical management and follow up. The book disseminates the contributions of expert midwives, nurse practitioners, obstetricians, gynecologists, and radiologists who evaluate more than 30,000 obstetric visits each year.
- Pocket-sized and easy-to-use
- Includes current guidelines for more than 30 clinical situations requiring obstetric triage or emergency care
- Offers plentiful diagnostic and imaging guidelines with accompanying figures and images
- Presents algorithms, diagnostic images, and best evidence for each condition
- Paperback: 360 pages
- Publisher: Springer Publishing Company; 1 edition (July 27, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0826108903
- ISBN-13: 978-0826108906
- ISBN-13: 9780826108906
- eText ISBN: 9780826108913
ISBN0826108903, 978-0826108906, 9780826108906, 9780826108913