Peter D. Le Roux MD FACS (Author), Joshua Levine MD (Author), W. Andrew Kofke MD MBA FCCM (Author)
Ideal for neurosurgeons, neurologists, neuroanesthesiologists, and intensivists, Monitoring in Neurocritical Care helps you use the latest technology to more successfully detect deteriorations in neurological status in the ICU. This neurosurgery reference offers in-depth coverage of state-of-the-art management strategies and techniques so you can effectively monitor your patients and ensure the best outcomes.
- Understand the scientific basis and rationale of particular monitoring techniques and how they can be used to assess neuro-ICU patients.
- Make optimal use of the most advanced technology, including transcranial Doppler sonography, transcranial color-coded sonography, measurements of jugular venous oxygen saturation, near-infrared spectroscopy, brain electrical monitoring techniques, and intracerebral microdialysis and techniques based on imaging.
- Apply multimodal monitoring for a more accurate view of brain function, and utilize the latest computer systems to integrate data at the bedside.
- Access practical information on basic principles, such as quality assurance, ethics, and ICU design.
- Seamlessly search the full text of Monitoring in Neurocritical Care online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Hardcover: 528 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; Har/Psc edition (March 26, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1437701671
- ISBN-13: 978-1437701678
- ISBN-13: 9781437701678
- eText ISBN: 9781455727537