Immunology: An Illustrated Outline, 5th Edition (EPUB)
ISBN : 9780815345015
by David Male
The 4th Edition of this pocket-sized, illustrated dictionary offers a concise, evidence-based approach to the immune system. The book divides the subject into five easy-to-review sections: The Immune System, Antigen Recognition, Immune Responses, Immunopathology, and Immunological Techniques. Each of these sections is then sub-divided into short, paragraphs that define key terms and concepts. Fifty new immunological definitions in the Index of Terms, in addition to newly updated definitions and vocabulary, reflect the many advances in the field. Readers will appreciate the highly organized, cross-referenced approach that allows them to master key concepts.
• Lists core terms and concepts that are followed by short, straightforward definitions.
• Amplifies the text with simple color diagrams and illustrations and cross-referencing between definitions.
• Offers easy and rapid access to straightforward, easily understood definitions in the Index of Terms.
• Provides three updated and reorganized sections: Antigen Recognition, Immune Responses, and Immunopathology.
• Adds 50 new definitions to the Index of Terms that reflect the rapid developments in the field, and updates all others.
• Enhances terminology with 12 new color illustrations adapted by the author from his interactive CD-ROMs.
The book contains color illustrations.
- ISBN-13: 9780815345015
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis
- Publication date: 7/1/2013
- Edition description: Revised
- Edition number: 5
- Pages: 146