Nadinia A. Davis MBA RHIA CHDA CCA FAHIMA (Author), Melissa LaCour RHIA (Author)
Reflecting emerging trends in today's health information management, Health Information Technology, 3rd Edition covers everything from electronic health records and collecting healthcare data to coding and compliance. It prepares you for a role as a Registered Health Information Technician, one in which you not only file and keep accurate records but serve as a healthcare analyst who translates data into useful, quality information that can control costs and further research. This edition includes new full-color illustrations and easy access to definitions of daunting terms and acronyms. Written by expert educators Nadinia Davis and Melissa LaCour, this book also offers invaluable preparation for the HIT certification exam.
- Workbook exercises in the book help you review and apply key concepts immediately after you've studied the core topics.
- Clear writing style and easy reading level makes reading and studying more time-efficient.
- Chapter learning objectives help you prepare for the credentialing exam by corresponding to the American Health Information Management Association's (AHIMA) domains and subdomains of the Health Information Technology (HIT) curriculum.
- A separate Confidentiality and Compliance chapter covers HIPAA privacy regulations.
- Job descriptions in every chapter offer a broad view of the field and show career options following graduation and certification.
- Student resources on the Evolve companion website include sample paper forms and provide an interactive learning environment.
- NEW! Full-color illustrations aid comprehension and help you visualize concepts.
- UPDATED information accurately depicts today's technology, including records processing in the EHR and hybrid environments, digital storage concerns, information systems implementation, and security issues, including HITECH's impact on HIPAA regulations.
- NEW! Glossary terms and definitions plus acronyms/abbreviations in the margins provide easy access to definitions of key vocabulary and confusing abbreviations.
- NEW! Go Tos in the margins cross-reference the textbook by specific chapters.
- NEW Coding boxes in the margins provide examples of common code sets.
- Over 100 NEW vocabulary terms and definitions ensure that the material is current and comprehensive.
- NEW Patient Care Perspective and Career Tips at the end of chapters include examples of important HIM activities in patient care and customer service.
- Paperback: 604 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 3 edition (March 6, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1437727360
- ISBN-13: 978-1437727364
- ISBN-13: 9781437727364
- eText ISBN: 9780323187961