Category : Basic sciences Genetics
David L. Rimoin (Editor), Reed E. Pyeritz (Editor), Bruce Korf (Editor)
For decades, Emery and Rimoin's Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics has provided the ultimate source for practicing clinicians to learn how the study of genetics can be integrated into practice. Developed in parallel to the sixth edition, and featuring 174 original contributions from the many authors of the full set, this one volume work expertly condenses and synthesizes the most clinically relevant content, for convenient desk reference.
Helping to bridge the gap between high-level molecular genetics and individual application, it follows the multi-volume set in encompassing scientific fundamentals, full spectrum discussion of major inherited disorders, and actionable therapies. Clinically oriented information is supported by concise descriptions of the principles of genetics, research approaches, and analytics to embrace the evolving population of students, researchers, and practitioners who are integrating their work to provide advanced diagnosis, prevention and treatment of human disease.
This print volume is complemented and enhanced with online access to the complete text, online-only references, and high quality illustrations on www.expertconsult.com.
- Features 174 summarized contributions concisely discussing advances in cancer genetics, genomic technologies, and molecular genetics
- Contains hundreds of full colour illustrations supporting users with identification, concept illustration, and method processing
- Enhanced with full text online access, high quality illustrations, and online-only references at www.expertconsult.com
- Hardcover: 646 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 1 edition (June 18, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0124072402
- ISBN-13: 978-0124072404
- ISBN-13: 9780124072404
- eText ISBN: 9780124169821
ISBN0124072402, 978-0124072404, 9780124072404, 9780124169821