By Sarah S. Long MD, Charles G. Prober MD, Marc Fischer MD, David Kimberlin MD
Comprehensive in scope, yet concise and easy to manage, Principles and Practice of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, 6th Edition, by Drs. Sarah S. Long, Charles G. Prober, Marc Fischer, and new editor David Kimberlin, is your go-to resource for authoritative information on infectious diseases in children and adolescents. A veritable "who's who" of global authorities provides the practical knowledge you need to understand, diagnose, and manage almost any pediatric infectious disease you may encounter.
- Covers the latest aspects of the COVID-19 pandemic, including manifestations, diagnosis, management, and prevention of SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Features an easy-access format with high-yield information boxes, highlighted key points, and an abundance of detailed illustrations and at-a-glance tables.
- Allows quick look-up by clinical presentation, pathogen, or type of host.
- Highlights expanding antimicrobial resistance patterns and new therapies for viral and fungal infections and resistant bacterial infections.
- Includes coverage of the latest vaccine products, recommendations, and effectiveness.
- Reviews emerging healthcare-associated infections, their management, control, and prevention.
- Contains a new chapter on Chorioamnionitis and Neonatal Consequences.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 6th edition (June 7, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1720 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323756085
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323756082
- ISBN-13 : 9780323756082
- eText ISBN: 9780323756099