Category : Plastic Surgery
Practical Guide to Botulinum Toxin Injections is the perfect solution for trainees and novice injectors looking for technical guidance performing chemodenervation procedures using botulinum toxin. This high-yield pocket book provides a visual roadmap for procedural targets with illustrations of each muscle and labeled injection sites and includes dosing recommendations for all clinically-available toxins.
The manual walks readers through a brief introduction to toxin use before diving into applications muscle by muscle. Each body region gives a closer look at the individual muscles involved, detailing muscle action, injection localization, recommended dosing and injection sites, and pearls and pitfalls where relevant. Later sections address other clinical applications including cervical dystonia, migraine, blepharospasm, hyperhidrosis, and special clinical syndromes such as writer's cramp. Complete with original illustrations detailing anatomy and suggested injection localization for targeted muscles, this "one-stop-shop" reference will appeal to anyone in physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, dermatology, pain management, and other fields seeking to acquire or reinforce skills.
- Over 135 detailed anatomic illustrations with suggested injection points
- Dosing recommendations for 95 muscles throughout the upper and lower limbs and axial muscle groups
- Coverage of clinical applications and syndromes to help providers recognize common patterns of muscle involvement
- Purchase includes digital access for use on most mobile devices or computers
- Item Weight:1.11 pounds
- Paperback:200 pages
- eText ISBN: 9780826148698
- Publisher:Demos Medical; 1st edition (November 28, 2020)