Category : Nutrition
By Visita la página de Amazon Jennifer C. Johnson, resultados de búsqueda, Michael M. Rothkopf MD FACP FACN
This book is a guide for clinicians seeking to use metabolic approaches in the care of hospitalized patients. Since a nutritional component exists for practically any disease process managed, it is important to properly address the macro- and micronutrient issues that can help facilitate a favourable clinical outcome.
Metabolic medicine is a newly recognized speciality that applies proven nutritional approaches to support hospitalized patients within existing standards of care. Optimizing Metabolic Status for the Hospitalized Patient: The Role of Macro- and Micronutrition on Disease Management addresses the gap of nutrition knowledge among physicians who generally care for patients without addressing the nutritional and metabolic perspective.
- State-of-the-art guidelines for practicing metabolic medicine in the hospital setting
- “Hands on” guide for day-to-day metabolic management of hospitalized patients
- Personal insights from one of the field’s leading practitioners, drawing upon decades of experience
- Historical reviews of key scientific developments
This book is written by Dr Michael M. Rothkopf, Clinical Professor of Medicine at Rutgers/New Jersey Medical School. Dr Rothkopf founded the Metabolic Medicine Center at Morristown Medical Center and is the current Metabolic Medicine Consultant for the Heart Transplant, Lung Transplant, Cardiac Surgery and Wound Care Programs at RWJBH/Newark Beth Israel Medical Center.
This book is directed at the physician level of hospital care. It provides value to a broad range of physicians regardless of their medical specialty or subspecialty. It will also be useful for medical students and resident physicians in training as well as nurse practitioners and physician assistants working in hospital settings.
- Editorial : CRC Press; 1er edición (26 Agosto 2022)
- Idioma : Inglés
- Tapa dura : 400 páginas
- ISBN-10 : 1138611646
- ISBN-13 : 978-1138611641
- Peso del Artículo : 2.1 pounds
- Dimensiones : 7 x 0.94 x 10 pulgadas