By Richard A. Prayson MD MEd, Gabrielle A. Yeaney MD
Now fully revised to include recent advances in the field, the third edition of Neuropathology, a volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology series, is an essential foundation text for residents and pathologists. The popular template format makes it easy to use, and new information throughout brings you up to date with what’s new in the field, including advances in molecular diagnostic testing and new diagnostic biomarkers. Practical and affordable, this resource is ideal for study and review as well as everyday clinical practice.
Key features of this practical text include:
- A consistent, user-friendly format that explores each entity's clinical features, pathologic features (gross and microscopic), ancillary studies, differential diagnoses, and prognostic and therapeutic considerations.
- A focus on specific features of selected neoplastic and non-neoplastic entities, including broad and in-depth differential diagnoses.
- Review of normal histology before examining abnormal findings, enabling you to conveniently compare their characteristics in one place at one time.
- Clinical information on treatment and prognosis, enabling you to better understand the clinical implications of the diagnosis.
- Nearly 600 full-color, high-quality illustrations with extensive figure legends, as well as abundant boxes and tables throughout.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
What’s NEW in this edition:
- Advances in molecular diagnostic testing and its capabilities and limitations, including targeted/personalized medicine.
- New diagnostic biomarkers and their utility in differential diagnosis, newly described variants, and new histologic entities.
- The latest TNM staging and WHO classification systems.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 3rd edition (January 4, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 624 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323713440
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323713443