By Bernard R. Glick, Cheryl L. Patten
An authoritative introduction to the fast-changing world of molecular biotechnology
In continuous publication since 1994 and now in its sixth edition, Molecular Biotechnology: Principles and Applications of Recombinant DNA has been effective in introducing this complex field to students for more than 25 years. This textbook covers essentially every aspect of the field of molecular biotechnology, which is constantly changing and adapting in light of new advances.
This edition includes the latest techniques in DNA sequencing and genetic engineering of microbial, plant, and animal genomes, including human genome editing, as well as updates across many areas, such as:
- Immunological assays for disease diagnosis, more effective bacteriophage therapy, and new ways of dealing with antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- New and developing vaccines for influenza, tuberculosis, and emerging viral threats, including Zika and SARS-CoV-2
- Engineering bacteria to perform plastic degradation and green algae to produce hydrogen, altering amino acid biosynthesis, and creating designer cellulosomes
- Production of humanized monoclonal antibodies in plants, modifying hybrid plants to produce clonal hybrids, and protecting plants from viral and fungal diseases
Molecular Biotechnology features nearly 600 detailed figures and is an ideal textbook for undergraduate and graduate courses in introductory biotechnology, as well as courses dedicated to utilizing this technology, such as medical, agricultural, environmental, and industrial biotechnology applications.
- Publisher : ASM Press; 6th edition (March 15, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 896 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1683673646
- ISBN-13 : 978-1683673644
- ISBN-13 : 9781683673644
- eText ISBN: 9781683673668