Category : Microbiology
By Michael J. LeBoffe, Burton E. Pierce
This newest addition to the best-selling Microbiology: Laboratory Theory & Application series of manuals provides an excellent value for courses where lab time is at a premium or for smaller enrollment courses where customization is not an option. The Essentials edition is intended for courses populated by nonmajors and allied health students and includes exercises selected to reflect core microbiology laboratory concepts.
- Contains 51 exercises with a focus on fundamental lab skills, microbial growth, microscopy, staining, selective media, differential tests, and medical microbiology.
- Theory and Application provide students with the general principles and everyday purpose of the labs.
- In This Exercise clearly explains what students can expect as they work through the Lab Procedures.
- Biochemical reactions for the organism and indicator reactions of the test depict the reactions taking place in the lab.
- Materials, Medium Recipes, and Procedures give students step-by-step instructions for conducting the labs. Biosafety levels are also included so that students are aware of the safety precautions necessary for each lab.
- Tables of results help students organize and interpret results.
- Data sheets provide students room to record their data and answer critical thinking questions.
- High-quality, full-color photographs, micrographs, and illustrations ensure that students have color-accurate visual representations of what they will see in the lab.
- Photographs and procedural diagrams outline the steps necessary to correctly complete the lab. Directional arrows help ensure students use proper technique.
- Clearly written, informative captions help ensure students use proper technique in the lab.
- Publisher : Morton Publishing Company; 1st edition (January 1, 2019)
- Language : English
- Loose Leaf : 440 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1640430326
- ISBN-13 : 978-1640430327
- ISBN-13 : 9781640430327
- eText ISBN: 9781640430334