The Southeastern Clinical Update in Nephrology, Hypertension and Kidney Transplantation is an online CME course designed to update participants on a range of nephrology topics relevant to current medical practice.
This course is intended for members of the nephrology community and will be of interest to nephrologists, nephrology trainees, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, internists, primary care physicians and other specialists who participate in the care of patients with kidney disorders and kidney and/or pancreas transplants.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
Recognize new practice changing developments in nephrology, hypertension and transplantation
Summarize the current clinical practice guidelines for Nephrology
Recognize the complex clinical presentations of patients with renal disorders
Examine recent advances and changes in clinical practice as it pertains to stem cell research and therapy
Explain and Identify different therapies in the critical care setting
Describe the current understanding of how COVID-19 affects kidney function, and appropriately manage kidney disease in the era of COVID-19 based on current evidence
MODULE 1: COVID-19
- How did we manage the crisis and what we have learned
Pablo Moreno Franco, M.D.
- COVID Associated AKI: The Experience from the Epicenter in NY
Andrew Bomback, M.D.
- COVID Management in the Kidney Transplant Patients: What have we learned?
Hani M. Wadei, M.D.
MODULE 2: STEM CELL RESEARCH
- Can We Treat Ischemic Nephropathy with Stem Cell Therapy?
Stephen C. Textor, M.D.
- Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy in Diabetic Nephropathy: From Bench to
LaTonya J. Hickson, M.D.
- SGLT2 Inhibitors in Diabetic Kidney Disease
Nabeel Aslam, M.D.
MODULE 3: TRANSPLANT
- Diagnosis and Management of ABMR in 2021
Carrie A. Schinstock, M.D.
- Updates in Kidney Allocation: How Does it Affect Your Patient?
Martin L. Mai, M.D.
- Fraility Assessment in Kidney Transplant recipients: Fact or Fiction
Elizabeth C. Lorenz, M.D.
MODULE 4: ICU NEPHROLOGY
- How Fluid Therapy During Shock Resuscitation Impacts Kidney?
Kianoush B. Kashani, M.D., M.S.
- Medication Management for Patients on CRRT
Daniel A. Jackson, Pharm.D., R.Ph.
- Parenteral Nutrition for AKI/CKD Patients in the ICU
Mireille Hamdan MS, RD, LDN, CNSC
MODULE 5: POTPOURRI
- Secondary HTN: Update
Sandra J. Taler, M.D.
- What is New in PCKD
Michael A. Mao, M.D.
- Recurrent FSGS After Kidney Transplant
Hatem Amer, M.D.