Category : Nursing
Lippincott Textbook for Nursing Assistants: A Humanistic Approach to Caregiving, 5th EditionPamela J. Carter, RN, BSN, MEd, CNOR Deliver compassionate, competent care in any healthcare setting. Written in a conversational, easy-to-read style and rich with dynamic images and illustrations, this comprehensive text helps you master the technical, communication, and critical thinking skills essential to your success as a nursing assistant. Up-to-date coverage reflects the latest clinical approaches, and a practical format guides you through the decision-making process behind safe, fulfilling patient outcomes.
- NEW! Taking It to the Next Level: Advanced Skills calls-out skills in the text that may require additional training as you advance your career and are further explained in Lippincott Acute Care Skills for Advanced Nursing Assistants eBook.
- Updated content keeps you current with the latest state-specific guidelines and 2016 NNAAP skill revisions.
- Guidelines (“What You Do/Why You Do It”) boxes detail the how and why behind key nursing assistant actions.
- Tell the Nurse! Notes summarize observations that you need to report to the nurse.
- Stop and Think! Scenarios offer practice for solving the types of complex, real-world nursing situations you’ll encounter on the job.
- Helping Hands and a Caring Heart: Focus on Humanistic Health Care boxes help you empathize with those in your care and meet patients’ and residents’ emotional and spiritual needs, as well as their physical needs.
- Empowering online learning tools reinforce key terms and content with engaging Watch and Learn/Listen and Learn Audio and Video Clips and an interactive audio glossary .
- Procedures highlight important privacy, safety, infection control, and comfort concepts and guide you step by step through essential nursing assistant tasks.
- Chapter-ending summary sections enhance your retention and understanding at a glance.
- What Did You Learn? multiple-choice and matching exercises with answers help you assess your understanding of essential information and prepare for state certification exams.
- Nursing Assistants Make A Difference! sections highlight your critical role on the healthcare team with first-person accounts of the nursing assistant’s positive impact on the lives of others.
- Empowering online learning tools reinforce key terms and content with engaging Watch and Learn/Listen and Learn Audio and Video Clips and an interactive audio glossary is available at thePoint.lww.com/Carter5e.
- Item Weight:3.9 pounds
- Paperback:952 pages
- eText ISBN: 9781975108519
- eText ISBN: 9781975143435
- Dimensions:8.3 x 1.2 x 10.8 inches
- Publisher:LWW; 5th edition (February 23, 2019)