By Brigitte Niedzwiecki RN MSN RMA
Master the clinical and administrative competencies you need to succeed as a Medical Assistant! Kinn's Medical Assisting Fundamentals, 2nd Edition covers the administrative and clinical knowledge, skills, and procedures that are essential to patient care. A reader-friendly approach and focus on foundational content ― including medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, basic math calculations, and soft skills ― provide a solid foundation for the key skills and procedures at the heart of Medical Assisting practice. An applied learning approach organizes content around realistic case scenarios. The 2nd edition adds coverage of intravenous procedures, catheterization, and limited-scope radiography to address competencies approved in many states. This practical text will prepare you to launch a successful Medical Assisting career!
- Easy-to-understand writing style
- is appropriate for all levels of learners in all types of Medical Assisting programs.
- Emphasis on foundational content includes in-depth coverage of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, basic math calculations, and job readiness to build a strong base of knowledge.
- Illustrated, step-by-step procedure boxes demonstrate how to perform and document key administrative and clinical skills.
- Content supports Medical Assisting certification test plans to help you prepare for board examinations.
- Real-world scenario in each chapter presents a situation for you to follow as you read through the material, helping you understand and apply key concepts as they are presented.
- Learning features include key terms and definitions, Being Professional boxes, study tips, critical thinking exercises, and review and summary sections, all focusing on developing the soft skills that employers seek when hiring.
- Chapter learning tools include terms with definitions, study tips, critical thinking boxes, and review and summary sections.
- Medical Terminology boxes highlight chapter-related medical terms to help you learn word parts, pronunciation, and definitions.
- Evolve website includes skills videos, chapter quizzes, five practice certification exams, and a portfolio builder.
- NEW chapters on intravenous procedures and limited-scope radiography
- provide coverage of expanded Medical Assisting functions approved in many states.
- NEW! Expanded content addresses behavioral health, catheterization procedures, disease states, medical office organization, expanding MA roles, and more.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 2nd edition (December 3, 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 1304 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323824501
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323824507
- ISBN-13 : 9780323824507
- eText ISBN: 9780323824545