By Farhood Saremi, Dakshesh Patel, Damian Sanchez-Quintana, Hiro Kiyosue, Meng Law, R. Shane Tubbs
An in-depth guide to upper and lower extremity anatomy based on the latest imaging techniques
While the study of anatomy plays a fundamental role in the practice of medicine, most textbooks do not rely on modern imaging and post-processing methods to depict and increase its understanding. Imaging Anatomy: Text and Atlas Volume 3; Bones, Joints, Muscles, Vessels, and Nerves is the third in a series of four richly illustrated radiologic references edited by distinguished radiologist Farhood Saremi. The atlas is coedited by esteemed colleagues Dakshesh B. Patel, Damián Sánchez-Quintana, Hiro Kiyosue, Meng Law, and R. Shane Tubbs and features contributions from an impressive group of international experts. This book fills a gap in the literature, with descriptions of relevant anatomical components in the context of current advances in imaging technology and science.
This exquisitely crafted atlas combines fundamental core anatomy principles with modern imaging and postprocessing methods to increase understanding of intricate anatomical features. Twenty-four concise chapters cover terminology and classification of musculoskeletal structure, bones, muscles, joints, arteries, veins, nerves, and lymphatics. High-quality dissecting imaging anatomy, discussion of anatomical variants, postsurgical anatomy, and important pathology examples provide a strong foundation for differentiating normal versus pathologic anatomy.
- State-of-the-art CT, MR, angiography, and ultrasound techniques infused with 3D reformations, color coded volume rendering, and 3-7 Tesla MR views delineate anatomy in great detail
- Cross-sectional and topographic cadaveric views and illustrations by world-renowned anatomists improve the ability to grasp difficult radiology concepts
- Consistently formatted chapters including an introduction, embryology, review of anatomy, discussion of anatomical variants, surgical anatomy, and congenital and acquired pathologies enhance learning
This unique atlas provides a virtual, user-friendly dissection experience. It is a must-have reference for students, radiology residents, veteran radiologists, internists, general surgeons, and vascular and transplant surgeons.
This print book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 1626239843
- Publication date : November 24, 2023
- Publisher : Thieme; 1 edition
- ISBN-13 : 978-1626239845