Category : Veterinary Medicine
An essential guide to the health care of honey bees Honey Bee Medicine for the Veterinary Practitioner offers an authoritative guide to honey bee health and hive management. Designed for veterinarians and other professionals, the book presents information useful for answering commonly asked questions and for facilitating hive examinations.
The book covers a wide range of topics including basic husbandry, equipment and safety, anatomy, genetics, the diagnosis and management of disease. It also includes up to date information on Varroa and other bee pests, introduces honey bee pharmacology and toxicology, and addresses native bee ecology. This new resource:
- Offers a guide to veterinary care of honey bees
- Provides information on basic husbandry, examination techniques, nutrition, and more
- Discusses how to successfully handle questions and ‘hive calls’
- Includes helpful photographs, line drawings, tables, and graphs
Written for veterinary practitioners, veterinary students, veterinary technicians, scientists, and apiarists, Honey Bee Medicine for the Veterinary Practitioner is a comprehensive and practical book on honey bee health.
- Publisher:Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (April 27, 2021)
- Hardcover:420 pages
- eText ISBN: 9781119583233
- eText ISBN: 9781119583424
- Item Weight:1.47 pounds