Category : Neurology
By Heinrich Mattle, Marco Mumenthaler
The essential "neurotransmitter" for assimilating the basics of clinical neurology
The second edition of this practical guide provides a thorough introduction to the essential concepts of clinical neurology. Coverage includes history-taking; the neurological examination and ancillary tests; topical diagnosis and differential diagnosis of typical syndromes; the diseases of the central nervous system, peripheral nerves, autonomic nervous system, and muscles; epilepsy; and inflammatory diseases such as multiple sclerosis.
Central to the book are the lucid structuring of complex contents allowing efficient learning, even without prior knowledge of the subject; and the vital link between theory and clinical practice, with essential information on history-taking, the clinical examination, and additional tests, all supported by informative graphics and appropriate computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging studies.
- Complete revision of contents and an enhanced layout from the first edition
- Brilliant format and structure, making the assimilation of complex information easy and efficient
- Clear color illustrations and graphics, many new or revised for the second edition
- Comprehensive tables expand and organize information on many topics
- Vast clinical experience of two highly respected university teachers
Fundamentals of Neurology: An Illustrated Guide, Second Edition, is the ideal introduction to clinical neurology for medical students, physical therapists, and other professionals involved in patient care.
- ASIN : 3131364521
- Publisher : Thieme; 2nd edition (December 14, 2016)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 456 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9783131364524
- ISBN-13 : 978-3131364524