Category : Basic sciences Biochemistry
This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. THE FLESH AND BONES OF MEDICAL CELL BIOLOGY presents a concise, accessible account of medical cell biology. This title covers all the key concepts med students need with no gaps. It can be used either as an introduction to a topic, or as a revision aid. In Section 1, The Big Picture overview gives a descriptive overview of a subject. In the High Yield section, 50 fundamental principles underlying a subject are set out. These 50 principles are expanded into double-page spreads in the 'Fleshed Out' section where double-page explanations of the key principles clearly convey what medical students need to know. Difficult concepts are depicted by cartoon-strip illustrations, which enable rapid understanding and assimilation of information.
- Big Picture Section - enables readers to relate detail to the subject as a whole
- High Return Facts - prevents students from having large gaps in their knowledge. Can be used as a revision tool. Reinforces the major points.
- Cartoon-strip illustrations - enable students to visualize difficult concepts in a step-by-step format. Allow information to be chunked into student-friendly sizes.
- Double-page overviews - students can read summary of topic without cross-referencing to other pages. All laid out on one spread.
"An excellent undergraduate student book. Clearly written, well illustration and accurate.”
About the Author
- Paperback: 132 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 1 edition (July 23, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0723433674
- ISBN-13: 9780723433675
- ISBN-13: 978-0723433675
- eText ISBN: 9780723437178