The unique volume, COVID-19 and Immunomodulation with Special Emphasis on Nutraceutical and Herbal Formulation, covers recent advances in the management, prevention, and application of nutraceuticals and herbs in preventing and treating COVID-19. It demonstrates the beneficial immunomodulatory properties of nutraceuticals, spices, polyphenols, customary (traditional) medications, natural products, ayurveda, antioxidants, trace elements, vitamins, vaccines, etc., for COVID-19.
- Evaluates the benefits of herbal immunomodulators for safety and having fewer (if any) side effects, as opposed to conventional/artificial drugs
- Considers the role of ayurvedic medicines in the control and prevention of COVID-19 viruses
- Summarizes the most current discoveries and key factors of SARS-CoV-2 genetics, pathophysiology, and the host immune response
- Looks at the efficacy of vaccines against COVID-19 infection and the vaccines currently available
- Explains the pharmacological results alongside precise immunomodulator agents, like immunostimulators and immunosuppressants
- Looks at the containment and prevention strategies for COVID-19 infection and offers strategies for the future
The information provided here details how the use of selected nutraceuticals and herbals can be helpful, similarly to pharmacological remedies, in stopping some COVID-19-associated complications in infected patients. It will be a valuable resource for researchers in pharmaceutical science, medicine, COVID and related diseases, and others.
- Publisher: Apple Academic Press; October 20, 2023
- Language: English
- ISBN: 9781774913178
- ISBN: 9781000800241