Category : Obstetrics & Gynecology
Breast Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose eight volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for the specialist general surgeon.
- The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
- Purchase of a print book also includes a downloadable version of the eBook.
- An expanded authorship team across the series includes additional European and World experts with an increased emphasis on global practice.
- The contents of the series have been extensively revised in line with recently published evidence.
- A new chapter covers advances in breast reconstruction.
- The extended chapter on imaging includes the controversies surrounding breast screening.
- A more detailed discussion of the management of nipple discharge including ductoscopy is included in a new chapter.
- The dramatic changes on the management of the axilla and the controversial Z0011 trial are covered in a new chapter.
***2010 BMA Book Awards - Highly Commended Surgical specialties category*** "Concise, relevant information for any higher surgical trainee interested in breast surgery. The legal section will be extremely useful for trainee surgeons. This book contains information every aspiring breast surgeon should know.” Judges quote
- Hardcover: 340 pages
- Publisher: Saunders Ltd.; 5 edition (September 15, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 070204959X
- ISBN-13: 978-0702049590
- ISBN-13: 9780702049590
- eText ISBN: 9780702049675
ISBN070204959, 978-0702049590, 9780702049590, 9780702049675