The standard-bearer of critical care nursing guides―this succinct, comprehensive resource delivers the most current concepts for treating adult, critically ill patients and their families
This engaging, evidence-based guide provides everything nurses and students need to know to provide safe, effective progressive care. Endorsed by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN), and written by top experts in the field, this peer-reviewed guide covers all the essential details on the care of adult progressive care patients and their families.
Supported by helpful tables and algorithms, the book's practical, building-block organization starts with the basics before proceeding to more complex concepts. Whether you’re going through orientation on the hospital floor or you’re enrolled in critical care courses, AACN Essentials of Progressive Care Nursing helps you care for every progressive care patient.
AACN Essentials of Progressive Care Nursing, Fifth Edition is divided into four sections:
- The Essentials presents information you need to provide safe, competent nursing care to the majority of progressive care patients, with a wide range of underlying diagnoses
- Pathological Conditions covers pathologic conditions and management strategies commonly encountered among adult, progressive care patients
- Advanced Concepts offers advanced progressive care concepts to support the delivery of specialized care
- Key Reference Information features normal laboratory and diagnostic values; summary tables of cardiac rhythms, ECG characteristics, and treatment guides, and new crisis standards of care content
- Publisher: McGraw Hill LLC; October 13, 2023
- Language: English
- ISBN: 9781264269419
- ISBN: 9781264269426