The standard-bearer of critical care nursing guides―this succinct, comprehensive resource delivers the most current concepts for treating adult, critically ill patients and their families
This engaging, evidence-based guide provides everything nurses and students need to know to provide safe, effective critical care. Endorsed by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN), and written by top experts in the field, this peer-reviewed guide covers all the essential details on the care of adult critical care patients and their families.
Supported by helpful tables and algorithms, the book's practical, building-block organization starts with the basics before proceeding to more complex concepts. Whether you’re going through orientation on the hospital floor or you’re enrolled in critical care courses, AACN Essentials of Critical Care Nursing helps you care for every critical care patient.
AACN Essentials of Critical Care Nursing, Fifth Edition is organized into four sections:
- The Essentials presents core information for providing safe, competent nursing care to all critically ill patients, regardless of their underlying medical diagnoses
- Pathologic Conditions covers conditions and management strategies commonly encountered among adult critical care patients
- Advanced Concepts in Caring for the Critically Ill Patient describes specific pathologic conditions that require specialized critical care management
- Key Reference Information features normal laboratory and diagnostic values, cardiac rhythms and their treatment and crisis standards of care
- Publisher: McGraw Hill LLC; October 13, 2023
- Language: English
- ISBN: 9781264269884
- ISBN: 9781264269891