Karla R. Lovaasen RHIA CCS CCS-P (Author), Jennifer Schwerdtfeger BS RHIT CCS CPC CPC-H (Author)
With comprehensive, practical coverage of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS medical coding, ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding: Theory and Practice, 2014 Edition provides a thorough understanding of diagnosis coding in physician and hospital settings. It combines basic coding principles, clear examples, challenging exercises, and the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting to ensure coding accuracy using the latest codes. From leading medical coding authorities Karla Lovaasen and Jennifer Schwerdtfeger, this 'learn by doing' resource will help you succeed whether you're learning to code for the first time or preparing for the transition to ICD-10!
- ICD-10-CM/PCS codes are included for all coding exercises and examples, in preparation for the October 2014 implementation of ICD-10.
- ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OCGR) provide fast, easy access to the latest codes as well as examples of proper application.
- MS-DRG documentation and reimbursement details guide you through this key component of the coding process.
- Numerous coding exercises and examples in each chapter break key content into manageable segments and challenge you to apply chapter concepts.
- Disease coverage, including illustrations and coding examples, helps you understand how commonly encountered conditions relate to ICD-10-CM coding.
- Integrated medical record coverage provides a context for coding and familiarizes you with documents you will encounter on the job.
- Updated content includes the icd-10 code revisions released in Spring 2013, ensuring you have the latest coding information available.
- Series: Icd-10-Cm-Pcs Coding Theory and Practice
- Paperback: 768 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 1 edition (August 27, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1455772607
- ISBN-13: 978-1455772605
- ISBN-13: 9781455772605
- eText ISBN: 9781455774630
- eText ISBN: 9780323292573