Category : Cardiology
Cardiothoracic Critical Care (Original PDF from Publisher)
Edition : 1
Format : Publisher PDF
File Size : 15 MB
ISBN : 0750675721 9780750675727 978-0750675727 9780702039041
This new bedside manual guides you through all the practical aspects of managing patients following cardiothoracic surgery and critically ill cardiology patients. Primarily designed to use in cardiothoracic intensive care units and coronary care units, it covers the perioperative management for the full range of cardiothoracic surgical procedures, the management of complications, and related issues. Core topics in cardiothoracic critical care, such as hemodynamic instability, arrhythmias, bleeding, and mechanical cardiac support, are afforded broad coverage. Also included are sections on advanced ventilatory techniques and veno-venous ECMO for treating severe respiratory failure, as well as nutritional support, treating and preventing infection, renal failure, and care of the dying patient. Concisely written and featuring liberal use of illustrations as well as an integrated, tightly edited style, and a limited number of key references, this volume will become your reference of choice for the care of of cardiothoracic surgery patients and critically ill cardiology patients. Also included is a companion CD-ROM featuring over 700 still and 200 video clips of radiographs, CT scans, MRI scans, and echocardiograms, both transthoracic and transesophageal.
- Find information quickly with concisely written text.
- Get a more complete picture with extensive illustrations.
- Focus on just the information you need using a a limited number of key references.
- Navigate the complexities of critical care for a full range of cardiothoracic surgery patients with in-depth coverage of perioperative care, management of complications, and more.
- Hardcover: 672 pages
- Publisher: Butterworth-Heinemann; First Edition edition (August 22, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0750675721
- ISBN-13: 9780750675727
- ISBN-13: 978-0750675727
- eText ISBN: 9780702039041
ISBN0750675721, 9780750675727, 978-0750675727, 9780702039041