Bronchoscopy and Central Airway Disorders provides the guidance you need to plan and implement the most effective bronchoscopy procedure for every patient. Through specifically-designed case scenarios with correlating review questions and videos, this practical respiratory medicine reference leads you through the decision-making process and execution of these sometimes complex procedures, as well as the optimal long-term management of your patients.
- Master various bronchoscopic approaches and techniques necessary to treat a variety of malignancies that may occur in the trachea or lungs.
- Consider the rationale and weigh the consequences of each approach. Case resolutions at the end of each chapter --with commentary and alternative approaches from 36 key experts in interventional bronchoscopy -- illustrate the decision-making process from patient evaluation through long-term management.
- Reinforce learning by correlating key concepts and practice through study questions related to each clinical scenario.
- See exactly how to proceed with high-quality videos online that capture crucial teaching moments and provide a walkthrough of sometimes complex procedures including the placement of airway stents via bronchoscopy for a variety of diseases and complications, such as airway collapse due to COPD.
- Systematically think through diagnostic and interventional (therapeutic) bronchoscopic procedures using Dr. Colt's unique "Four Box" approach: Initial Evaluation; Procedural Techniques and Results; Procedural Strategies; and Long-term Management Plan.
- Access the full text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with image and video libraries, review questions, and more!
The case-based guidance you need to work through the decision-making process behind bronchoscopy and ultimately improve patient care.
The expert commentary at the end of each chapter is a unique and helpful feature. This book is very useful for interventional pulmonologists and thoracic surgeons. Particularly helpful are the descriptions and illustrations of the actual procedures. " - Mohammed said Ghanamah, MD(University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics)
- Hardcover: 416 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 1 Har/Psc edition (August 7, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1455703206
- ISBN-13: 978-1455703203
- ISBN-13: 9781455703203
- eText ISBN: 9781455733316