The Advanced Practitioner in Acute, Emergency and Critical Care
Dedicated text for trainee and newly-qualified Advanced Practitioners specialising in acute, emergency and critical care
Aligned with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) regulatory body requirements, this formative text is the first of its kind, covering a variety of key topics for advanced practitioners working in acute, emergency and critical care.
Written by experienced advanced practitioners and academics closely involved in the delivery of both the clinical and academic components of advanced practice training programmes, The Advanced Practitioner in Acute, Emergency and Critical Care presents:
- Complex decision making, covering legal and ethical frameworks (including patient safety), communication skills and breaking bad news, and end of life care
- Diagnosis and management of patients, covering radiology, principles of point of care ultrasound (PoCUS), laboratory tests and prescribing
- Resuscitation and first stage management of the critically unwell, advanced resuscitation skills, shock, intra- and inter-hospital transfers, and organ donation
- History taking, physical examination, and consultation models
- Learning support with accreditation considerations boxes, clinical investigations, examination scenarios, pharmacology boxes, pathological and psychological considerations, social and cultural considerations, case studies, self-assessment questions, and more
Utilising a multi-professional and inclusive framework of advanced level practice, this is an essential resource for all trainee and newly-qualified advanced practitioners. The text also serves as an excellent classroom aid for lecturers teaching advanced practice courses.
- Publisher: Wiley; November 2, 2023
- Language: English
- ISBN: 9781119908289
- ISBN: 9781119908296