Category : Orthopaedics & Trauma
By Shane J. Nho, Joshua D. Harris, Brett R. Levine
A reader-friendly overview of the fundamentals in hip pathology and treatment presented by esteemed experts!
Synopsis of Hip Surgery by renowned hip specialists Shane Nho, Joshua Harris, Brett Levine, and an impressive group of contributors provides a well-rounded perspective on the surgical and nonsurgical management of common to rare hip conditions. The generously illustrated clinical reference is both concise and comprehensive, not only encompassing the full age continuum but also a wide array of hip disorders such as congenital and degenerative issues and problems associated with sports injuries.
The first seven chapters lay a solid foundation, covering hip anatomy, patient history, physical examination, radiographic imaging, diagnostic tests, biomechanics, pathomechanics, and implant biology. Subsequent chapters detail prevalent conditions such as femoroacetabular impingement syndrome, hip dysplasia, soft-tissue injuries, and osteoarthritis. The text also covers less common diseases including synovial proliferative disorders, primary and metastatic tumors, and osteonecrosis. Procedure-specific chapters focus on primary and revision total hip arthroplasty and hip replacement surgery.
- An outline format and bulleted text provide a quick, easy reference for trainees and practitioners to consult prior to conferences, at the office, and in the operating room
- About 300 color illustrations enhance understanding of impacted anatomy and procedures
- Fractures of the pelvis and hip including intracapsular, extracapsular, and acetabulum
- Discussion of pediatric conditions including Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease, slipped capital femoral epiphysis, and hip fractures
This concise resource is essential reading for orthopaedic surgery residents, orthopaedic sports medicine and adult reconstruction fellows, general orthopaedic surgeons, and hip specialists.
- Publisher : Thieme; Illustrated edition (October 8, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 384 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1626235244
- ISBN-13 : 978-1626235243