- Scanning principles and step-by-step instructions on how to scan and document images helps students improve the quality of sonographic studies and establish standardization and image documentation for physician diagnostic interpretation.
- Sonographic ergonomics and proper use of equipment helps students avoid occupational injuries.
- Scanning protocol for pathology provides the criteria for evaluating and documenting abnormal sonographic findings, describing those findings within legal parameters, and relating those findings to the interpreting physician.
- Key words and objectives at the beginning of every chapter notify students of the pertinent information in the following chapter.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest ARDMS standards and AIUM guidelines.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated scanning protocols follow AIUM guidelines and offer essential information on patient preparation, transducers, breathing techniques, comprehensive surveys, and required images.
- NEW! Flexible soft cover makes it easy to take notes and transport content.
- Item Weight:1.11 pounds
- Paperback:768 pages
- eText ISBN: 9780323764261
- eText ISBN: 9780323764254
- Dimensions:7.25 x 10.25 inches
- Publisher:Saunders; 5th edition (December 15, 2020)