Category : Microbiology
This book focuses on cold habitat microbes as a potential source of elite enzymes and secondary metabolites to meet the growing demands of the pharmaceutical, food and biotechnological industries. Microbes living in such extremely cold conditions are reported to produce various biomolecules with potential biotechnological applications.
The book overviews recent research trends to discover such important biomolecules and also suggests future research directions to discover such elite novel biomolecules.
- Covers studies on various biotic communities and abiotic components of the soil of terrestrial habitats with a focus on cold habitats
- Discusses various 'Omic' approaches: metagenomics and meta-transcriptomics
- Lists adaptation strategies adopted by cold-adapted microbes
- Highlights various biotechnological and industrially important biomolecules produced by cold-adapted microbes
- Explores the role of microbial biofilm in the degradation of microplastics in cold habitats
- Publisher: CRC Press; September 28, 2023
- Language: English
- ISBN: 9781032406305
- ISBN: 9781000933253