This new course addresses the unique needs of physicians in rural communities on topics that include high-level chronic disease management, behavioral health, substance use disorders, maternal health, and more.
Recorded from the AAFP’s Rural Health livestream course, this 26-session video self-study package allows you to both hone your clinical skills and review the latest evidence-based guidelines pertinent to rural family medicine practice—on a schedule that works best for you.
At the end of this activity, you will be able to:
- Implement the latest evidence-based guidelines in a range of topics pertinent to rural family medicine practice.
- Through increased knowledge, manage more of your patients without the need to refer.
- Connect with other rural family physicians and healthcare professionals to forge links for ongoing practice improvement and support.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Chronic Pain and Adjunctive Treatments
- Dealing With Emergencies for Patients With Psychotic Disorders
- Health Maintenance for Cancer Survivors
- Hepatitis C
- How to Interpret the Results From a Urine Drug Screen
- Implementing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Incorporating Telehealth Into Your Practice
- Insulin Pumps: Initiations of Therapy and Complications
- Management of Gestational Hypertension and Preeclampsia
- Management of Miscarriage
- Managing Adult Obesity in Your Practice
- Managing Autoimmune Arthritis in Your Practice, Part 1: Diagnosis
- Managing Autoimmune Arthritis in Your Practice, Part 2: Treatment
- Managing Common Issues in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Managing Patients With Autism and Developmental Disorders
- Maternity Care Update
- New Depression Medications & Treatment of Refractory Depression
- Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy
- Principles of Wound Care
- Selected Case Studies in Treating Substance Use Disorder
- Selected Cases in Hospital Medicine
- TOLAC & VBAC
- Treating ADHD
- Treating Patients With an Opioid Use Disorder
Release Date: October 30, 2020