Category : Psychiatrics
Psychiatric Mental Health Assessment and Diagnosis of Adults for Advanced Practice Mental Health Nurses (EPUB)
Format : EPUB
File Size : 1.2 MB
ISBN : 9780367684488
By Robert Kaplan, Kunsook S. Bernstein
This text provides a comprehensive and evidence-based introduction to psychiatric mental health assessment and diagnosis in advanced nursing practice.
Taking a clinical, case-based approach, this textbook is designed to support graduate nursing students who are studying psychiatric mental health nursing as they develop their reasoning and decision-making skills. It presents:
- Therapeutic communication and psychiatric interviewing techniques, alongside basic psychiatric terminologies.
- The major psychiatric diagnoses, drawing on the DSM-5.
- A step-by-step guide to conducting a comprehensive psychiatric mental health assessment.
- Case examples demonstrating assessment across major psychopathologies.
- Good practice for conducting mental health evaluations.
This is an essential text for all those undertaking psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner programs and a valuable reference for advanced practice nurses in clinical practice.
- Publisher : Routledge; 1st edition (July 12, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 176 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0367684489
- ISBN-13 : 978-0367684488
- ISBN-13 : 9780367684488
- eText ISBN: 9781000610154