Category : Pharmacology
Protein Homeostasis in Drug Discovery: A Chemical Biology Perspective, 1st edition (EPUB)
Format : EPUB
File Size : 9.9 MB
ISBN : 9781119774129
By Milka Kostic, Lyn H. Jones
Protein Homeostasis in Drug Discovery
Comprehensive resource on all aspects of protein homeostasis, covering both historical perspectives and emerging technologies that are revolutionizing the field
Protein Homeostasis in Drug Discovery highlights drug discovery and development efforts targeting protein homeostasis and considers the emerging appreciation that a protein’s activity may not be the only factor to consider when developing therapeutic agents.
The chapters cover various aspects of protein homeostasis such as cellular localization, abundance, interactions, and more. Moreover, the text contains up-to-date information regarding targeted protein degradation, an emerging drug discovery modality.
Readers interested in targeting different regulatory events that control protein homeostasis or modulating protein abundance will find this book an excellent resource. Furthermore, those interested in the link between biological function and regulating protein levels in living organisms, especially in the context of drug discovery, will learn from numerous examples discussed in this book.
In Protein Homeostasis in Drug Discovery, readers can expect to find information on:
- Protein folding, quality control, pharmacology, and drug targeting processes
- Recent advances in our understanding of protein homeostasis, covering emerging technologies and opportunities for therapeutic intervention
- Targeted protein degradation (TPD) and strategies such as PROTACs and molecular glues, including a chapter on TPD as an antiviral drug discovery strategy
- Drug discovery and development efforts aimed at correcting, stabilizing, and rescuing proteins, with examples included
- Advantages and key shortcomings of both phenotypic and target-based traditional drug discovery methods
Collectively, Protein Homeostasis in Drug Discovery offers the reader an opportunity to learn more about the importance of considering and targeting protein homeostasis. The text is a must-read resource for academics, professionals in the pharmaceutical industry, and advanced students in various science-related fields.
- Publisher : Wiley; 1st edition (December 8, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 560 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119774128
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119774129