The New York General Surgery Board Review Course
The New York General Surgery Board Review Course is a comprehensive and intensive case-based review designed to help candidates complete preparation for the American Board of Surgery Content Outline for the Qualifying Examination, the content of the ABSITE®, and the materials covered in the American Board of Surgery SCORE® Curriculum, as well as the American Board of Surgery MOC Examination (formerly the Recertiﬁcation Examination).
Dynamic lectures, Q&A sessions, and Question Bank Reviews with in-depth discussion of the answers offers an engaging learning experience focused on the educational needs of candidates for the examinations of the American Board of Surgery.
The course seeks to guide you through the maze of material pertinent to the field of general surgery in a meaningful way that allows you to focus on the salient issues and enables you to take the examinations with confidence, and to achieve the required competency in medical knowledge expected by the American Board of Surgery.
- Diplomates of the American Board of Surgery preparing for recertification
- Residents in general surgery and surgeons who have completed their residency training and are preparing for the Qualifying Examination, the ABSITE®, the American Board of Surgery SCORE® Curriculum, as well as the American Board of Surgery MOC Examination (formerly Recertiﬁcation Examination)
- Surgeons in practice who want to update and refresh their knowledge base
- Fellows in surgical specialties
- Those looking to obtain Category I CME and self-assessment credits toward Part 2 of the ABS MOC Program
Topics & Speakers
Upon completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Complete a review for the Qualifying Examination, the ABSITE®, the American Board of Surgery SCORE® Curriculum, as well as the American Board of Surgery MOC Examination (formerly Recertiﬁcation Examination).
- Describe the appropriate evaluation and management of both common and uncommon problems encountered in clinical practice
- Demonstrate an increased comprehension of the current standards and concepts in the practice of surgery
- Recognize and apply new and evolving diagnostic and therapeutic interventions and become familiar with their role in changing the classical approaches to problems in general, vascular, pediatric, and general thoracic surgery
- Discuss the basics of surgical physiology and critical care
- Explain evidence-based general procedures in pediatric, thoracic, gynecologic, urologic, and orthopaedic surgery
- Summarize the latest advances in anesthesia for pain management
- Interpret reviews and data of the latest basic science findings and predict the impact of these on clinical problems
Oakstone Publishing, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Date of Original Release: November 1, 2014
TOTAL FILE SIZE: 15.5GB