Category : *HOT books Basic sciences Cardiology Genetics Internal Medicine
Post-Genomic Cardiology, Second Edition
by Jose Marin-Garcia
In this second edition of Post-Genomic Cardiology, developing and new technologies such as translational genomics, next generation sequencing (NGS), bioinformatics, and systems biology in molecular cardiology are assessed in light of their therapeutic potential. As new methods of mutation screening emerge, both for the genome and for the “epigenome,” comprehensive understanding of the many mutations that underlie cardiovascular diseases and adverse drug reactions is within our reach.
This book, written by respected cardiologist José Marín-García, features discussion on the Hap-Map: the largest international effort to date aiming to define the differences between our individual genomes. This unique reference further reviews and investigates genome sequences from our evolutionary relatives that could help us decipher the signals of genes, and offers a comprehensive and critical evaluation of regulatory elements from the complicated network of the background DNA.
- Offers updated discussion of cutting-edge molecular techniques including new genomic sequencing / NGS / Hap-Map / bioinformatics / systems biology approaches
- Analyzes mitochondria dynamics and their role in cardiac dysfunction, up-to-date analysis of cardio-protection, and cardio-metabolic syndrome
- Presents recent translational studies, gene therapy, transplantation of stem cells, and pharmacological treatments in CVDs
- ISBN-13: 9780124045996
- Publisher: Elsevier Science
- Publication date: 6/20/2014
- Edition number: 2
- Pages: 944
ISBN0124045995, 9780124045996, 978-0124045996