Category : *HOT books Obstetrics & Gynecology
By Rehana Rehman MD, Aisha Sheikh MD
Providing a holistic, global approach to all aspects of PCOS, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Basic Science to Clinical Advances Across the Lifespan offers authoritative guidance on the diagnosis, treatment, and management of this challenging syndrome. It presents a coherent, evidence-based approach to diagnosis, as well as recommendations for clinical practice grounded in recent advances in basic sciences. Unique in the field, this practical resource provides decision-making tools for endocrinologists, fertility specialists, gynecologists, and internists who diagnose and treat patients with this complex chronic condition.
- Covers all aspects of PCOS and management across the lifespan, including short- and long-term metabolic, endocrine, and psychological challenges.
- Offers an integrative approach to the understanding of pathophysiology and management of PCOS in adult women and adolescent girls with a focus on genetics, microRNAs, and risk factors.
- Includes clinical, hormonal and metabolic features as well as diagnostic criteria and PCOS phenotypes.
- Presents treatment and management options for common symptoms, hirsutism, menstrual irregularity, and conception planning, including a chapter on subfertility and the male PCOS equivalent. Includes coverage of standard comorbidities, as well as a section on global approaches to patients with PCOS that addresses unique concerns, practices, and stigmas associated with how different cultures approach the disorder.
- Addresses the use of complementary/alternative medicine, lifestyle modification, and behavioral therapy in managing PCOS.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 1st edition (March 13, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 320 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323879322
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323879323