Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery - Patient Safety and Managing Complications
Oakstone Clinical Review
Discover cutting-edge advancements and emerging issues in oral and maxillofacial surgery with this comprehensive clinical update for improved patient outcomes and safety.
Stay Current in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – Patient Safety and Managing Complications is a review of patient safety, anesthetic complications, legal aspects, pain management, evidence-based antibiotic practice, cone beam technology, and 3D printing. The course also highlights best practices for managing complications and improving outcomes to help you better:
- Confront challenging issues in oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Understand a variety of topics, such as dentoalveolar complications, anesthetic complications, complications in dental implants, maxillofacial trauma, cosmetic surgery, TMJ surgery, etc.
- Apply the new information into your daily practice to improve management decisions and patient care
- Patient Safety in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery - Jeffrey Bennett, DMD
- Anesthetic Complications - Deepak Krishnan, DDS, FACS
- Legal Aspects Pertaining to the Management of Patients - Christy B. Durant, Esq.
- Prescribing Controlled Substances, Pain Management, and the Opioid Epidemic - Paul Moore, DMD, PhD, MPH
- Patient Safety in Antibiotic Therapy and Infection Management - Thomas Flynn, DMD
- Navigational Surgery and Virtual Surgical Planning: Its Applications in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery - Jasjit K. Dillon, DDS, MBBS, FDSRCS, FACS
- Dentoalveolar Complications - Gregory Ness, DDS
- Complications in Dental Implants - Peter Moy, DMD
- Complications in Orthognathic Surgery - William Bradford Williams, DMD, MD
- Complications in Reconstructive Surgery - Srinivasa R. Chandra, MD, BDS, FDSRCS (Eng)
- Complications in Maxillofacial Trauma - David Powers, DMD, MD, FACS, FRCS (Ed)
- Complications of TMJ Surgery - Pushkar Mehra, DMD, MS, FACS, and Eber Stevao, DDS, MSc, PhD
- Complications in Craniofacial Surgery - Jennifer Woerner, DMD, MD, FACS
- Complications in Minimally Invasive Facial Cosmetic Surgery - Elie Ferneini, MD, DMD, MHS, MBA, FACS
- Complications of Cosmetic Surgery - Mo Banki, MD, DMD, FACS
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Outline an increased scientific and technical knowledge base in oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Describe current patterns of care to improve patient safety and prevent complications
- Apply the information learned in his or her daily clinical practice
- Use improved competence in recognizing and managing complications, thus improving patient outcomes and safety
This educational activity was designed for practicing Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (in private and academic settings), surgery residents and fellows.
Date Credits Expire: December 1, 2020