The second edition of Nursing Care of Children and Young People with Long Term Conditions remains the only nursing-specific text on the care of paediatric patients with chronic illness. Written to meet the needs of nursing students and professionals alike, this comprehensive volume provides authoritative and up-to-date information on the context, theory, and practice of delivering holistic care to children and families in a range of health and social care settings.
Contributions from a team of experienced academics, educators, and practitioners offer valuable insight into the impact of chronic illness on children and parents, the practical implications of meeting their physical, psychological, and social needs, empowering them to be 'experts' in their care, and many more vital aspects of long-term paediatric care. This edition features new and revised content reflecting contemporary guidelines and evidence-based practice, including updated clinical case studies and a new chapter examining the impact of having a sibling with a long-term condition. Emphasising a multi-disciplinary approach to managing chronic illness, this important resource:
- Provides numerous case studies and activities illustrating the application of theoretical principles and current evidence in nursing practice
- Investigates the genetic basis of chronic illness and the differing onsets of long-term conditions
- Discusses current political, economic, and social policies that are influencing healthcare for children and bringing challenges to managers and practitioners
- Examines both classic and contemporary theories of grief, loss, coping, and adaptation Explores ethical, legal, and professional aspects of nursing children and young people with chronic illness
- Addresses evolving nursing roles, the importance of acute emergency care, and the planning and delivery of effective transition from child to adult services
Nursing Care of Children and Young People with Long Term Conditions is required reading for student and registered children's nurses, as well as for practitioners in related health and social care disciplines.
- Publisher:Wiley-Blackwell; 2nd edition (March 15, 2021)
- Paperback:304 pages
- eText ISBN: 9781119653165
- Item Weight:1.16 pounds
- Dimensions:6.69 x 0.72 x 9.61 inches