An introduction to state-of-the-art modeling and simulation approaches for social and economic determinants of population health
New Horizons in Modeling and Simulation for Social Epidemiology and Public Health offers a comprehensive introduction to modeling and simulation that addresses the many complex research questions in social epidemiology and public health. This book highlights a variety of practical applications and illustrative examples with a focus on modeling and simulation approaches for the social and economic determinants of population health.
The book contains classic case examples in agent-based modeling (ABM) as well as essential information on ABM applications to public health including for infectious disease modeling, obesity, and tobacco control. This book also surveys applications of microsimulation (MSM) including of tax-benefit policies to project impacts of the social determinants of health.
Specifically, this book:
- Provides an overview of the social determinants of health and the public health significance of addressing the social determinants of health
- Gives a conceptual foundation for the application of ABM and MSM to study the social determinants of health
- Offers methodological introductions to both ABM and MSM approaches with illustrative examples
- Includes cutting-edge systematic reviews of empirical applications of ABM and MSM in the social sciences, social epidemiology, and public health
- Discusses future directions for empirical research using ABM and MSM, including integrating aspects of both ABM and MSM and implications for public health policies
Written for a broad audience of policy analysts, public planners, and researchers and practitioners in public health and public policy including social epidemiologists, New Horizons in Modeling and Simulation for Social Epidemiology and Public Health offers a fundamental guide to the social determinants of health and state-of-the-art applications of ABM and MSM to studying the social and economic determinants of population health.
- Publisher:Wiley; 1st edition (March 9, 2021)
- Hardcover:208 pages
- eText ISBN: 9781118589397
- eText ISBN: 9781118589427
- Item Weight:1.74 pounds