Category : *HOT books Obstetrics & Gynecology
Mosby’s Pocket Guide to Fetal Monitoring: A Multidisciplinary Approach, 8th Edition (Nursing Pocket Guides)
ISBN : 9780323401579
by Lisa A. Miller CNM JD (Author), David Miller (Author), Rebecca L. Cypher (Author)
Authored by a nurse-midwife, a perinatologist, and a nurse, Mosby’s Pocket Guide to Fetal Monitoring: A Multidisciplinary Approach, 8th Edition is an evidence-based resource on fetal heart rate monitoring for all clinicians - whether you are a nurse, a physician or a midwife, a student or an instructor, this guide has information crucial to your practice. Designed specifically for the clinical environment, it provides a single source for interpretation and management of electronic fetal monitoring - in labor and delivery, the intensive care unit, inpatient antepartum units, or the obstetric or midwifery office.
- Pocket-sized, two-color design offers portability and easy access to information.
- Descriptions of the relationship between fetal heart rate and fetal acidemia alert you to important considerations in the care of the laboring patient.
- Patient safety and risk management strategies with case study illustrations and legal commentary include guidelines for providing safe and competent care.
- Coverage of innovative practices supports a culture of patient safety and improved quality outcomes in high-reliability perinatal units addressing:
- Use of a common language for fetal heart rate patterns with a common construct for interpretation
- Emergency preparedness (multidisciplinary mock emergencies, simulations, debriefing after critical events, and exemplary practice)
- Human factor issues (step-by-step process to improve communication, situational awareness, no-fault/just culture, teamwork, and collegiality)
- Selected FHR Tracings and Cases: Interpretation and Documentation appendix provides an important reference tool for all clinicians.
- Expert author team with international presence.
- NEW! Two simple principles of interpretation that are evidence- and consensus-based.
- NEW! Content on Category II tracing management prepares you to assist in delivery decisions.
- NEW! Neonatal encephalopathy content keeps you in the know.
- UPDATED! Revised chapters feature the most up-to-date information.
- Series: Nursing Pocket Guides
- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 8 edition (April 29, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323401570
- ISBN-13: 978-0323401579