Category : Respiratory Medicine
By Shaun Gregory, Michael Stevens, John F Fraser
Mechanical Circulatory and Respiratory Support is a comprehensive overview of the past, present and future development of mechanical circulatory and respiratory support devices. Content from over 60 internationally-renowned experts focusses on the entire life-cycle of mechanical circulatory and respiratory support – from the descent into heart and lung failure, alternative medical management, device options, device design, implantation techniques, complications and medical management of the supported patient, patient-device interactions, cost effectiveness, route to market and a view to the future.
This book is written as a useful resource for biomedical engineers and clinicians who are designing new mechanical circulatory or respiratory support devices, while also providing a comprehensive guide of the entire field for those who are already familiar with some areas and want to learn more. Reviews of the most cutting-edge research are provided throughout each chapter, along with guides on how to design new devices and which areas require specific focus for future research and development.
- Covers a variety of disciplines, from anatomy of organs and evolution of cardiovascular devices, to their clinical applications and the manufacturing and marketing of devices
- Provides engineering and clinical perspectives to assist readers in the design of a market appropriate device
- Discusses history, design, usage, and development of mechanical circulatory and respiratory support systems
- Publisher : Academic Press; 1st edition (October 27, 2017)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 852 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0128104910
- ISBN-13 : 978-0128104910
- ISBN-13 : 9780128104910
- eText ISBN: 9780128104927