By Peter C.K. Leung, Jie Qiao
Human Reproductive and Prenatal Genetics, Second Edition provides application-driven coverage of key topics in human reproductive and prenatal genetics, including genetic control underlying the development of the reproductive tracts and gametogenesis, the genetics of fertilization and implantation, the genetic basis of female and male infertility, as well as genetic and epigenetic aspects of assisted reproduction. Also examined are the genetics and epigenetics of the placenta in normal and abnormal pregnancy, preimplantation genetic diagnosis and screening, and cutting-edge advances in noninvasive prenatal screening, prenatal genetic counseling, and bioethical and medicolegal aspects of relevance in the lab and clinic.
This new edition has been fully revised to address new and evolving technologies in human reproductive genetics, with new chapters added on chromatin landscapes and sex determination, genetic alterations of placental development and preeclampsia, metabolism and inflammation in PCOS, pre-implantational genetic testing, maternal genetic disorders, bioethics, and future applications.
- Features chapter contributions from leading international scientists and clinicians
- Provides in-depth coverage of key topics in human reproductive and prenatal genetics, including genetic controls, fertilization, placental development, embryo implantation, in vitro culture of the human embryo for the study of post-implantation development, and more
- Identifies how researchers and clinicians can implement the latest genetic, epigenetic, and –omics-based approaches
- Includes all new chapters on evolving technologies and recent genetic discoveries of relevance to reproductive medicine
- Publisher : Academic Press; 2nd edition (April 10, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 928 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323913806
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323913805