Category : *HOT books Basic sciences
By Lynda R Hardy PhD RN FAAN
Learn how information technology intersects with today’s health care! Health Informatics: An Interprofessional Approach, 3rd Edition, follows the tradition of expert informatics educators Ramona Nelson and Nancy Staggers with new lead author, Lynda R. Hardy, to prepare you for success in today’s technology-filled healthcare practice. Concise coverage includes information systems and applications, such as electronic health records, clinical decision support, telehealth, mHealth, ePatients, and social media tools, as well as system implementation. New to this edition are topics that include analytical approaches to health informatics, increased information on FHIR and SMART on FHIR, and the use of health informatics in pandemics.
- Chapters written by experts in the field provide the most current and accurate information on continually evolving subjects like evidence-based practice, EHRs, PHRs, mobile health, disaster recovery, and simulation.
- Objectives, key terms, and an abstract at the beginning of each chapter provide an overview of what each chapter will cover.
- Case studies and discussion questions at the end of each chapter encourage higher-level thinking that can be applied to real world experiences.
- Conclusion and Future Directions discussion at the end of each chapter reinforces topics and expands on how the topic will continue to evolve.
- Open-ended discussion questions at the end of each chapter enhance students’ understanding of the subject covered.
- mHealth chapter discusses all relevant aspects of mobile health, including global growth, new opportunities in underserved areas, governmental regulations on issues such as data leaking and mining, implications of patient-generated data, legal aspects of provider monitoring of patient-generated data, and increased responsibility by patients.
- Important content, including FDA- and state-based regulations, project management, big data, and governance models, prepares students for one of nursing’s key specialty areas.
- UPDATED! Chapters reflect the current and evolving practice of health informatics, using real-life healthcare examples to show how informatics applies to a wide range of topics and issues.
- NEW! Strategies to promote healthcare equality by freeing algorithms and decision-making from implicit and explicit bias are integrated where applicable.
- NEW! The latest AACN domains are incorporated throughout to support BSN, Master’s, and DNP programs.
- NEW! Greater emphasis on the digital patient and the partnerships involved, including decision-making.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 3rd edition (February 6, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 568 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323711960
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323711968