Category : Neurology Pediatrics
By Pamela McPherson
This handbook addresses treatment planning for children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other neurodevelopmental disabilities (NDDs) using a medical home perspective. It examines the medical home model, which has been promoted as the standard of care by the American Academy of Pediatrics since 2002, emphasizing collaboration between patients, families, and providers to optimize care. The handbook addresses treatment planning, including the coordination of the care provided by multiple specialists with a clear, shared vision for maximizing each child’s potential.
Key areas of coverage include:
· Elements of treatment planning, history of the medical home model, documentation, and strategies to facilitate communication.
· Goals of treatment from the perspectives of the family, person served, care providers, and fiscal and regulatory bodies.
· Role of each specialist, highlighting the most common conditions experienced by children with ASD and other NDD with expectations for assessment and treatment.
· Detailed recommendations for making referrals and assisting the child and family in preparing for appointments.
The Handbook of Treatment Planning for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Other Neurodevelopmental Disabilities is a must-have resource for researchers, professors, and graduate students as well as clinicians, therapists, and other professionals across such interrelated disciplines as clinical child, school, and developmental psychology, child and adolescent psychiatry, social work, rehabilitation medicine/therapy, pediatrics, and special education.
- Publisher : Springer; 1st ed. 2022 edition (October 26, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 519 pages
- ISBN-10 : 3031061195
- ISBN-13 : 978-3031061196