Category : General Internal Medicine
Fundamentals of Forensic Science, 3rd Edition
Format : Retail PDF
by Max M. Houck (Author), Jay A. Siegel (Author)
Fundamentals of Forensic Science, Third Edition, provides current case studies that reflect the ways professional forensic scientists work, not how forensic academicians teach. The book includes the binding principles of forensic science, including the relationships between people, places, and things as demonstrated by transferred evidence, the context of those people, places, and things, and the meaningfulness of the physical evidence discovered, along with its value in the justice system.
Written by two of the leading experts in forensic science today, the book approaches the field from a truly unique and exciting perspective, giving readers a new understanding and appreciation for crime scenes as recent pieces of history, each with evidence that tells a story.
- Provides straightforward organization that includes key terms and numerous feature boxes that emphasize online resources, historical events, and figures in forensic science
- Effective pedagogy, including end-of-chapter questions
- An invaluable resource for professors and students of forensic science
- Contains over 200 vivid, color illustrations that diagram key concepts and depict evidence encountered in the field
- Hardcover: 736 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 3 edition (October 12, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0128000376
- ISBN-13: 978-0128000373