Category : General Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
Essentials of Law for Health Professionals, 4th Edition
ISBN : 9780729581660
by Kim Forrester, Debra Griffiths
• • Bachelor of Nursing students
• • Diploma of Nursing students
• • Bachelor of Midwifery students
• • Bachelor of Paramedicine students
• • Bachelor of Health science students
• • Post graduate Nursing and Midwifery students
Essentials of Law for Health Professionals 4e provides students with the information and knowledge necessary to make well-informed and considered decisions about their legal rights and obligations, and the legal rights and obligations of the patients and clients under their care.
• • Introduces the fundamental concepts and frameworks of health law with clear examples
• • Focuses on the importance of accurate records, patient confidentiality and the impact of medical negligence
• • Provides an increased focus on ethical issues, particularly around refusal and/or withdrawal of treatment, guardianship and the manipulation of life
• • Outlines the obligations and responsibilities in relation to medicines, mental health legislation, child and elder abuse, and explores the management of health complaints
• • Highlights contemporary issues around National Registration requirements for health professionals.
• • Revised chapters explaining the roles of government and legal professionals
• • Chapter 12; Registration and Regulation of Health Professionals reflects the National registration requirements for health professionals
• • Issues of euthanasia, assisted suicide, mental health, abuse and negligence have been enhanced.
- ISBN-13: 9780729581660
- Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences APAC
- Publication date: 11/12/2014
- Edition number: 4
- Pages: 424