Learn the latest evidence-based treatment and evaluation information with help from this comprehensive self-study package.
Recorded from the AAFP’s Emergency and Urgent Care live course, this 22-session video self-study package allows you to both hone your clinical skills and review key issues that include syncope, assessment of acutely ill elderly patient, acute pain management, and more—on a schedule that works best for you.
At the end of this activity, you will be able to:
- Prepare treatment plans for patients who might require hospital inpatient care or referral to emergency departments or urgent care for acute health conditions.
- Assess the diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients who might present with any number of conditions, including maternity, psychologic, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, respiratory, or neurologic care.
- Incorporate emergency plans into practice, including written protocols and necessary equipment/tools for treatment.
- Acute Abdominal Pain: Gastrointestinal Emergencies
- Acute Foot Injuries
- Acute Markedly Elevated Blood Pressure
- Animal Bites and Stings
- Approach to the Agitated Patient in the ED and Acute Care Settings
- Assessment of the Acutely Ill Elderly Patient
- Cellulitis and Cellulitis Mimics
- Common Acute Eye Presentations
- Commonly Missed Orthopedic X-Rays
- Dizziness and Vertigo
- ECG Interpretation – Advanced
- ECG Interpretation – Basic
- Fatal Headaches
- Interventions to Abandon in the ED & UC
- Metacognition and Avoiding Clinical Errors
- Pediatric Emergencies
- Pulmonary Embolism/Deep Vein Thrombosis and Thrombophlebitis
- Respiratory Failure
- Sepsis Recognition and Emergency Department Management
- Syncope: An Innovative Approach to Assessment in the ED/UC
- Top 10-ish (or so) Hot Topics This Year
- Vascular Emergencies
Release Date : 9/28/2020
Expiration Date : 9/27/2023